ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:33:43
Franco,

We use the macro facility to do what you describe.  We do five-week-retention
archives over the course of a week, but during the first full week of a new
month, we do permanent archives of the same nodes.

For each node, I created a five-week and a permanent archive schedule, then
created two macros.  One turns on all the five-week schedules and turns off the
permanent ones, the other does vice versa.

On the first Monday of the month, I run the "turnon_perm" macro, then on the
following Monday I run the "turnon_temp" macro.

It is a bit labor intensive to maintain both the schedules and the macros, but
FAR BETTER than having to manually update a hundred archive schedules twice a
month.

Good luck.

Tab

Frank Mohr <frank-m.mohr AT DB DOT COM> on 02/16/2000 01:58:25 PM