ADSM-L

Re: Collocation

2000-02-17 16:30:25
Subject: Re: Collocation
From: Bill Colwell <bcolwell AT DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 16:30:25 -0500
Eric,

I would think a little more about the usable capacity of your 3575.

first, figure out the space left on  filling volumes plus empty volumes
plus pending volumes.

2nd, figure the reclaimable space on full volumes
at the %reclaim level you want to run with.

Add these 2 numbers together.

For planning purposes, estimate how hard you want to drive reclaim to
maintain enough usable volumes to grow upto say
85% of the nominal capacity.  When you have to reclaim at a faster rate
then it is time to increase capacity.

--