ADSM-L

Anyone know about a Mac OSX native client?

2000-02-16 13:06:22
Subject: Anyone know about a Mac OSX native client?
From: Eric LEWIS <eric.lewis AT CCMAIL.ADP.WISC DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 12:06:22 -0600
     Hi: we have a growing number of Mac OSX servers on our campus.  Some
     are interested in our ADSM backup service.  Does anyone have any hints
     from IBM they would pass on about possible future availability dates
     for a native Max OSX client?

     BTW I am told the Max OSX NFS does not work well so we won't
     experiment using a unix client to back up the OSX unix filespace as a
     network attached filespace.

     I am also advised that A better solution for the meantime is the Omni
     backup product:
     http://www.omnigroup.com/products/omnigroupbackup/

     Thanks all.

     Eric Lewis   UW-Madison