ADSM-L

Re: detecting database backup volumes

2000-02-16 09:37:28
Subject: Re: detecting database backup volumes
From: Walter Ridderhof <Walter.Ridderhof AT MAIL.ING DOT NL>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 14:37:28 +0000
     Guys,

     don't rely on last_use when scanning for db backup volumes. A volumes
     last_use status can get reset, for example when a db volume once
     checked out, is checked back in again.

     Try something like this:

     select volume_name from volhistory where -
     (upper(type)='BACKUPFULL' or upper(type)='BACKUPINCR')

     regards Walter Ridderhof

Author:  "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> at INET-1
Date:    2/15/00 3:44 PM

you caught me having fun with the select statement ... here's a working
example.  You can use or not use the comma delimited parms as wanted.
and the - at the end of the first line is a continuation character ...

select volume_name,status,last_use from libvolumes where -
last_use='DbBackup'