ADSM-L

restore and audit/move data question

2000-02-14 17:02:20
Subject: restore and audit/move data question
From: Lisa Cabanas <CABANL AT MAIL.MODOT.STATE.MO DOT US>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 16:02:20 -0600
Hey all,

Problem:  Primary stg pool tape is destroyed -- the tape is broken.  I preview
the restore and bring back all of the secondary offsite tapes.  The restore
needs 26 tape, and one of them is causing i/o errors every time any drive loads
it-- so al attempts at auditing fix=yes, or moving data have failed.  If I
delete this tape from the secondary pool, and the next back stg pool "notices"
that there aren't these files anymore, is it going to try to get it from the
Primary tape that is destroyed?  If so, am I totally screwed, or is there some
magic trick that can be preformed??

(BTW- due to a personnel issue, HR is wanting someone's email restored.  Am I
gonna have to tell them SOL?)

eek!

lisa