ADSM-L

Re: Needs help from SQL Genius'

2000-02-12 10:01:51
Subject: Re: Needs help from SQL Genius'
From: Carsten Moldrup <cmoldrup AT CSC DOT DK>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 16:01:51 +0100
Hi Michael,

try this one...

select -
     n.node_name -
    ,n.platform_name -
    ,count(*) as "# Filespaces" -
    ,sum(f.capacity) as "MB Capacity" -
from -
     nodes n -
    ,filespaces f -
where -
     f.node_name=n.node_name -
group by -
     n.node_name -
    ,n.platform_name -
order by 2,1

The outcome of this - which may run a minute or 2 depending on the number of
nodes and filespaces - looks like..

     NODE_NAME: AIX1
 PLATFORM_NAME: AIX
  # Filespaces: 5
   MB Capacity: 624.0

     NODE_NAME: AIX2
 PLATFORM_NAME: AIX
  # Filespaces: 16
   MB Capacity: 12772.0

regards....

Carsten Moldrup

Michael Dummitt <Michael.Dummitt AT ROSSNUTRITION DOT COM> on 12-02-2000
02:32:37

To:   ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc:    (bcc: Carsten Moldrup/SCA/CSC)
Subject:  Needs help from SQL Genius'

I need to write a query to show me the total capacity for each node.
Or, even if I could just get the nodename and capacity for each filespace
without the filespace name, platform type, filespace, or Pct. utilization.

Node Name                   Filespace           Platform     Filespace
Capacity   Pct
ame                     Type                                   (MB)  Util
------------------------------   -----------
--------      ---------         --------     -----
--------      ---------         --------     -----
ADSMRS                         /usr          AIX
ADSMRS                         /usr          AIX
JFS           1,736.0   72.3
ADSMRS                         /              AIX
JFS           32.0        38.3
ADSMRS                         /var           AIX
JFS           32.0        73.1
ADSMRS                         /home          AIX
JFS             8.0         20.1
ADSMRS                         /root          AIX
JFS            16.0        66.7
ADSMRS                         /MKSYSB        AIX
JFS             8.0         25.3