ADSM-L

Re: Copy pool volumes checkout

2000-02-11 14:26:32
Subject: Re: Copy pool volumes checkout
From: Steven P Roder <tkssteve AT REXX.ACSU.BUFFALO DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 14:26:32 -0500
On Fri, 11 Feb 2000, Gerardo Zapata wrote:

> I'm perfroming a backup of a primary storage pool on an AIX ADSM server
> v3.1.2.40 with a 3494 library attached (using 3590 drives). I have the
> storage backup scheduled dialy and I want to take the backup tapes offsite
> every day.
> If I checkout the tapes that have a 'Full' stauts (q vol) i have no problems,
> but if I checkout tapes with a 'Filling' status the server prompts for these
> volumes to be checked in. Is there any problem if i keep the volumes offsite
> or do i need to check them in until they got filled?

You should update all of the volumes you checkout and take offsite to have
an access value of "offsite".  The will prevent adsm for asking for them
to be checked in, regardless of whether or not that are full/filling:

upd vol nnnnnn acc=offsite

Steve Roder, University at Buffalo
VM Systems Programmer
UNIX Systems Administrator (Solaris and AIX)
ADSM Administrator
(tkssteve AT buffalo DOT edu | (716)645-3564 |
http://ubvm.cc.buffalo.edu/~tkssteve)