ADSM-L

Re: TSM 3.7.1.0, OS/390 server, admin/clients hang

2000-02-11 10:05:24
Subject: Re: TSM 3.7.1.0, OS/390 server, admin/clients hang
From: William Boyer <wboyer AT PTD DOT NET>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 10:05:24 -0500
I've begun seeing this. It's probably been doing this since we upgraded to
TSM 3.7, but I just started noticing it.

I see it when doing any tape to tape operation (we have 3590B's in a 3494
library)...reclamation..move data..ba stg...and the server seems to ignore
client requests. It eventually responses to the client, but then becomes
unresponsive agian. Seems to really do this while copying a 'large' file.

Right now I just live with it, but I've been concidering opening an issue
with IBM/Tivoli. My administrators are starting to complain that they can't
do restores and queries while my storage pools are backing up.

Bill Boyer
DSS, Inc.