ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:33:43
We also have an AIX box running Oracle and an HP box running Sybase that
require hot backups. They purchased SQL Backtrack and the OBSI module for
ADSM to handle the hot backups. I must say we're all very disappointed with
it though. Are there any other ways to get hot backups with these DB's?

SQL Backtrack (by BMC Software) is a backup product in it's own right. Text
based menus.. The OBSI module lets you pipe the backups over to the Tivoli
Server. It works but you first have to configure and learn SQL Backtrack..
You end up generating scripts which Tivoli then calls via a command
schedule. That fires up SQL Backtrack to do the backup and pipe the data
over to Tivoli. The Tivoli Gui is useless and the whole thing is pretty much
in the hands of SQL Backtrack. To do a restore you actually have to run SQL
Backtrack and go through the text menus to get your data back. It works but
We expected Tivoli to handle it all rather then having this second layer to
go through. Now I have to generate backup procedures for the DB boxes
separate from the other boxes because with the DB boxes you're really using
SQL Backtrack.

Offhand do you know if there are other solutions?

--0__=XpRClCO98WDE849Lnn2fEuhH8G6xeNbV7Eh1seI9yCe6jkKoVaZjMLt8--