ADSM-L

move data on volume with status=filling

2000-02-10 19:38:13
Subject: move data on volume with status=filling
From: Joel Fuhrman <joelf AT CAC.WASHINGTON DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 16:38:13 -0800
AIX ADSM Server Version 3.1.2.42

Question for people doing their own offsite tape management.

On my offsite tapes, I using the MOVE DATA command instead of reclamation. I
request that the tape be returned when status=EMPTY.

What I've discovered is that for a tape with the status=FILLING, the status
does not change to status=PENDING following a MOVE DATA command.  Thus the
tape never becomes EMPTY.

I have programmed around this "feature"; but to me, this seems like a bug.
Has it always worked this way?