ADSM-L

Re: Merging DB Vols

2015-10-04 17:33:43
Subject: Re: Merging DB Vols
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Thanks to everyone who helped I basically followed the procedure below

Version 50

1)      In smit define the Logical volumes
2)      In ADSM format and create the appropriate db vols and log vols
        -define dbvol BLAH FORMATSIZE=SUPERBLAH
        -define logvol BLAH FORMATSIZE=SUPERBLAH
        -define vol WEIRD BLAH FORMATSIZE=SUPERBLAH
3)      Extend the logs and db by the amount
        -extend DB SUPERBLAH
        -extend LOG SUPERBLAH
4)      Reduce by the amount of the old vols (q dbvol, q logvol), for
        disk migrate the data off to Tape
        -reduce DB NOTBLAH
        -reduce LOG NOTBLAH
        -update stg WIERD HI=0 LO=0
5)      Delete the old volumes
        -delete dbvol OLDBLAH
        -delete logvol OLDBLAH
        -delete vol OLDBLAH

I didn't verify the procedure, but that should be about it.  Thanks for
all your help.

-Dash
On Wed, 9 Feb 2000, Scott Fluegge wrote:
On Wed, 9 Feb 2000, Scott Fluegge wrote:

> There is a much simpilar way of doing this!!
>
> Just create new db volumes using the   dsmfmt -db command.  Make sure to
create
> a volume(s) that is large enough
> to hold all of you current db info.
>
> Then expand your db (expand db command) to include all of the new space.
Then