ADSM-L

Re: AutoFS problem fix for SGI client?

2000-02-10 03:27:39
Subject: Re: AutoFS problem fix for SGI client?
From: "Mauro M. TINELLI" <Mauro.TINELLI AT ST DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 09:27:39 +0100
Richard,

different client (Solaris 2.5.1, 2.6) same problems!
If your read the README (not .FTP) of the 3.1.08 it states that a problem
had been solved with AutoFS. Specifically it says that AutoFS being
mounted after the first scan of the FS, now won't be backed-up(!) which
was a source of major disaster with my 400 SunStations, with
NFS-filespaces of some Gigs suddenly appearing.

I got the code but we think to test it in the next few days. The test
won't be easy anyway. For the archive, we'll test that too. AutoFS, lofs
... it is such a mess it's like holding a rope and find yourself tied-up!
(just an Italian say).

I still have an open call with IBM

Mauro, STM

> The v3 clients in general have been suffering from problems whenever an
AutoFS
> file system is present in the mount list.  One symptom of this is Query
Archive