ADSM-L

Expire Inventory - How does it work?

2015-10-04 17:33:43
Subject: Expire Inventory - How does it work?
From: Talafous, John G. [mailto:Talafous AT TIMKEN DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
 My question deals with interruptions to the 'Expire Inventory' process.
When started the next time, does it pick up where it left off? Does it start
all over again?
 I am thinking that the *SM server must read its database and analyse each
and every dataset object against retention parameters. At that point a
decision is made to retain or delete the data object. What happens if this
process is interrupted? Does *SM pick up where it left off in the database?
Does *SM start all over at the beginning of the database?

Your help in understanding would be most appreciated,
John Talafous
The Timken Company
http://www.timken.com