ADSM-L

MS Exchange and Tivoli TSM

2000-02-09 17:22:58
Subject: MS Exchange and Tivoli TSM
From: Joel Cooper <jocooper AT DTTUS DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 16:22:58 -0600
Hello All:

I just installed the TSM 3.7 B/A client on 4 Exchange servers for general
backup, and they also run TDP for MS Exchange.

The backups are all going great. However, I had an Exchange Administrator ask me
to look at the Event Log on one of my clients.
To my dismay, I saw two old friends from the past. There were pairs of errors in
the Application Log....

Event ID 3002 followed by Event ID 1008.

They are

Event ID 3002: Create failed for the ADSM client performance counter thread list
mutex. The mutex name is in the attached data.

Event ID 1008: The Open Procedure for service "ADSM Client Performance" in DLL
"dsmcperf.dll" failed. Performance data for this service will not be available.
Status code returned is DWORD 0.

Unless I'm mistaken, this is the error that ADSM 3.1.0.7f   IC23396f2 addressed,
(IC 24370) where by there was a conflict between ADSM performance monitoring
tools and some other tool.

These clients never had the B/A client 3.1 anything on them. They were built new
w/3.7 IP21806.

It turns out that 3 of my 4 servers have the problem, they are all Compaq 6400s,
running NT (SP5 w/RPC hot fix), Exchange 5.5 SP3 (build 2650.24), and they are
Vinca mirrored servers.

Whoa. Anyone else seen this? I'm getting ready to call support, but I think I
get to TSM client smart IBM people quicker through here. I hate to say it, I get
an advocate right away and I still have to talk to them 20 minutes to convince
them it isn't a TSM server error.....

Thanks,
Joel Cooper
Deloitte & Touche LLP