ADSM-L

Re: Merging DB Vols

2000-02-09 15:07:24
Subject: Re: Merging DB Vols
From: Scott Fluegge <sfluegge AT VENATORGROUP DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 15:07:24 -0500
There is a much simpilar way of doing this!!

Just create new db volumes using the   dsmfmt -db command.  Make sure to create
a volume(s) that is large enough
to hold all of you current db info.

Then expand your db (expand db command) to include all of the new space. Then
reduce your db (reduce db command) the size of the old db.  If you had 3 gig on
the old db, reduce it 3 gig.  Then you can delete the old db volumes  (delete
dbvolume command).  That will move any information off the volumes to be deleted
and put it on the new volumes!!  You can then trash the old volumes.

Scott

Asish Kumar Dash <dash AT MSI.UMN DOT EDU> on 02/09/2000 12:27:35 PM