ADSM-L

Re: Merging DB Vols

2000-02-09 14:59:30
Subject: Re: Merging DB Vols
From: Lawrence Clark <Larry_Clark AT THRUWAY.STATE.NY DOT US>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 14:59:30 -0500
We also recently purchased new disk (SSA) for the ADSM DB and had to move the
existing DB vol data to the new areas. I followed the advice on this list which
was to:
add new db vols on target area
then did a delete dbvol..........this moved the data from the old dbvol to the
new dbvol
then deleted the old logical volumes via smit

Larry Clark
NYS Thruway Authority

>>> Asish Kumar Dash <dash AT MSI.UMN DOT EDU> 02/09/00 01:27PM >>>
Hello,

I've been browsing the archives of the ADSM group, and haven't found a
confirmation, hoping someone knows if I'm going down the correct path.

Basically I have three DB vols spread onto seperate disks.  I just got a
new ADSM AIX server and have transitioned the old stuff to the new
without a problem.

Now, the new server has nice big internal drives.  I'd like to combine
the three volumes of DB I had before into one bigger volume

My theory is that I create my new big db vol, then mirror my db to it.
Then break the mirror.  My worry is, do I have to make seperate mirrors
for each volume, or can I make a single mirror of three volumes.

The other theory is to backup the DB and restore it.

Please let me know if anyone has accomplished this and how.

-Dash