ADSM-L

Backing up Symbolic links

2000-02-09 11:00:30
Subject: Backing up Symbolic links
From: Nick Rutherford <Nick.Rutherford AT HONDA-EU DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 16:00:30 +0000
Hello all

We are trying to backup some files via Symbolic links but I'm not sure it is
working as it should. I have directory name /catia/mod/lv1/MK/mk0.mod where
mk0.mod a link to another directory.
In order to backup files via a symbolic link, I have to incrementally or
selectivly backup '/catia/mod/lv1/MK/mk0.mod/*'.
If I try and incrementally or selectivly backup '/catia/mod/lv1/MK/*', only the
link itself is backed up.
Is this correct or should an incremental or selective backup of '
/catia/mod/lv1/MK/*' still backup all files in the linked directory?
My client options file has 'SUBDIR YES' & 'FOLLOWSYMBOLIC YES' allready defined.

Installation details..
ADSM Server release > 3.1.2.40
ADSM Client release      > 3.1.0.6
AIX level           > 4.3.2