ADSM-L

Installation TSM3.7 on AIX 4.1 gives Error ANR0000E - the solution

2000-02-08 08:39:19
Subject: Installation TSM3.7 on AIX 4.1 gives Error ANR0000E - the solution
From: Gerd Becker <Gerd.Becker AT EMPRISE DOT DE>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 14:39:19 +0100
Hi ADSM'ers
my Question was:
we installed TSM 3.7 on AIX 4.3.3. The installation seems to be ok. When we
started DSMSERV we got the message
ANR0000E Unable to open language AMENG for message formatting.

This is the solution:
The AIX-Image was installed with German Language support and the language
was changed with EXPORT LANG=en_US. When we started e.g. DTPAD, we got the
error locale not supported by C library, locale unchanged.
We checked the settings with the command locale and got the result:
LANG=en_US
LC_COLLATE="C"
LC_CTYPE="C"
LC_MONETARY="C"
LC_NUMERIC="C"
LC_TIME="C"
LC_MESSAGES="C"
LC_ALL=

We tried to change the settings with EXPORT LC_AL="en_US" but nothing
happend, all variables had the same value as before..
So we checked our system and found out, that the file bos.loc.iso.en_US was
not installed.
We installed the missing file, uninstalled the already wrong existing
TSM3.7 (Clients and Server), enlarged the filesystem and reinstalled
TSM3.7.
Now it works.
The reason, that ADSM 3.1.x was ok is, that there are major changes in
NLS-Support with TSM 3.7.

Thanks for any help

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / best regards

Gerd Becker

EMPRISE NETWORK Consulting GmbH
Albstr. 14
70597 Stuttgart

Tel.: 0711/990083-0 oder Mobil: 0172/4036581
Fax: 0711/990083-9
mailto:gerd.becker AT emprise DOT de

http://www.emprise.de