ADSM-L

Re: How to tell tape lifespan

2000-02-07 12:27:54
Subject: Re: How to tell tape lifespan
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT MAIL.TJU DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 12:27:54 -0500
> Richard I can't find any help on this message I keep getting the following
>
> No such command/subcommand return code 3.
>
> I am running this from the command line on a 390 mainframe server
>
> Can you give me the exact format.

Most of the ADSM server implementations for various host operating systems
include facilities for managing devices, device classes, and tape libraries,
and for keeping track of the relationships among these entities. The OS/390
server omits most of these facilities because their functions are performed by
the host operating system (possibly with the aid of third-party products such
as CA-1). In particular, the OS/390 server omits the checkin and checkout
commands.