ADSM-L

Laptop reboots when *TS is started

2000-02-07 10:28:43
Subject: Laptop reboots when *TS is started
From: JerryLawson <jlawson AT THEHARTFORD DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 10:28:43 -0500
Date:     February 7, 2000              Time: 10:18 AM
From:     Jerry Lawson
          The Hartford Insurance Group
(860)  547-2960          jlawson AT thehartford DOT com
HI -
HI -

Here I am again with another strange occurrence with a Gateway again..

We have a Gateway SOLO 2550 with a 600Mhz SpeedStep processor with 128MB of
RAM.  It is running Windows 95, along with our usual internal mix of software
MS Office 97, IE 5.1, and NSElite, among others.

We have installed three different levels of *SM products - ADSM 3.1 L5, and
L8, and also TSM 3.7.1 and all behave the same - when the backup starts up,
the machine spontaneously reboots itself.

Has anyone else seen this type of behavior?  Any suggestions on a solution?

                                                     Jerry
                                                     Jerry