ADSM-L

AW: AW: Designing a solution for fast manual restore

2000-02-07 03:50:49
Subject: AW: AW: Designing a solution for fast manual restore
From: sal Salak Juraj <sal AT KEBA.CO DOT AT>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 09:50:49 +0100
Hi,

I forgot to mention one obvious issue:

Lan Free Rapid Recovery backups are likely to be
somewhat older than latest -incremental backups.

Either you can live with that,
or you have to perform
an "dsm restore blah blah -ifnewer" restore
as a second step
after rapid recovery restore.
You can name it an "incremental restore" if you wish.

This is an extra step you may have to calculate with,
and this can leave you with some extra files restored
(such ones which had been deleted from original file systems
in the time between LanFreeRapiRecovery tape was created
and last -incremental backup was taken)

In my shop I can live with this limitation
(speaking about disasters, not casual restores).
Check it against your requirements.

Juraj