ADSM-L

Re: Not the DB size but number of nodes?

2000-02-04 08:45:55
Subject: Re: Not the DB size but number of nodes?
From: "Cook, Dwight E" <cookde AT BP DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 08:45:55 -0500
I've got 12 adsm servers (3-R40's, a 591, and rest S70's) and 540 registered
clients
got 138 on one server but getting ready to split half the load off to
another server

actually more important than the # of nodes but the jumber of files...
tons of little files drives the adsm server nuts more than bulk data

my largest takes in 1.3 TB  (client compresses down to 375 GB) daily from
just one of its clients
and total does under 500GB daily

Other environments that might only take in less than 200 GB daily do it in
tons of ## kb files and due to the number of adsm DB entries takes a lot of
time to do expiration, dbbackup, etc...

Dwight