ADSM-L

Stripping or not Stripping??

2000-02-02 23:42:56
Subject: Stripping or not Stripping??
From: Way Milk <loudway AT YAHOO DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 20:42:56 -0800
Hi:
Here's my question? Does ADSM recommend disk
stripping?

We have about 32 9Gb EMC disks attached to a Rs6000 as
ADSM disk pools, and currently what we do is to tie
every 4 disks to as a logical volume using sequential
write lv policy, and totally we have 8 34-35G
diskpools. I really want to apply the stripping policy
among those 4 disk inside the lv. However, as I know
that ADSM use somekindof round robin algorithm to
evenly write data to each diskpools (which means ADSM
already stripping once on software level).

Is it OK for me to do the stripping on bit-level
(define lv policy to stripping)?
Or will it improve the r/w performance for ADSM ?

Thank you in advance

Ming