ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:33:42

At first, I would not look at the network but at the cpu util on mvs side.
Having a large db and restoring large number of objects (especcially inactive
data) will result in extremely high cpu util. If your cpu is 100% busy, you have
the bottleneck. And - afaik adsm uses only one cpu if "mpthreading off".

AFAIK the network throughput is limited to ~3-4 MB/sec. Not more with OS390
before 2.7. (Or install 2nd IP stack.)

We switched to aix because of both (cpu consumption and network throughput).

Roger Hohmann

S W Branch <SWBRANC AT PPCO DOT COM> on 01.02.2000 15:41:11

Bitte antworten an "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>