ADSM-L

Compression - On / Off

2015-10-04 17:33:42
Subject: Compression - On / Off
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
I have been following the compression thread the last day or so. My question
is if you want / need to have compression at the client end what are you
doing at the tape end?

We are using compression at the tape drive (3494 - 4*3590-E). From what I
have read on the list and in the manuals you don't want software and
hardware compression active at the same time.

Are folks managing separate devclasses and pools with different compression
settings and directing clients accordingly?

Curt Magura
Lockheed Martin EIS
Gaithersburg, Md.
301-240-6305