ADSM-L

Re: dialup performance

2000-02-01 01:29:44
Subject: Re: dialup performance
From: Ray Schafer <schafer AT TKG DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 00:29:44 -0600
Dave Canedo wrote:

Dude!!

How the hell are you, Dave??

You remember me?  I used to work with you in the tty group in AIX L2
Support!!

What are you up to??

> Any clues on performance tuning for dialup users?
> A laptop dialed in over a 56K modem is only doing
> about 4KB/s

Hey, 4K Bytes per second is 32 K bits per second.  Are you compressing
the data over the phone line?  If so, your about maxing it out!  you
would get 56K if the stream was pretty compressible.

--
Ray Schafer                   | schafer AT tkg DOT com
Ray Schafer                   | schafer AT tkg DOT com