ADSM-L

Re: upgrading to 3.1.2.40

2000-01-28 07:25:00
Subject: Re: upgrading to 3.1.2.40
From: Steven P Roder <tkssteve AT REXX.ACSU.BUFFALO DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 07:25:00 -0500
> You can remove updates (or any other software) on AIX by using the smit fast
> path 'smit remove' and then selecting those filesets you want to remove.

I do not think the question was how to remove the software, but rather,
how to backlevel the adsm server.  Of source, this means removing
3.1.2.40, re-installing 3.1.2.30, and then restoring a 3.1.2.30 ADSM DB.

> Logan,
>
> we run 3.1.2.40 several weeks. We upgradet our server without the clients -
> works well.
>
> I don't know if it's possible to remove the upgrade besides you take a
> mksysb
> tape
> (or anything else on other platforms as AIX) but i think you won't need it.
>
> regards
>
> Reinhold Wagner, Zeuna Staerker GmbH & Co. KG

Steve Roder, University at Buffalo
VM Systems Programmer
UNIX Systems Administrator (Solaris and AIX)
ADSM Administrator
(tkssteve AT buffalo DOT edu | (716)645-3564 |
http://ubvm.cc.buffalo.edu/~tkssteve)