ADSM-L

Restoring user profiles

2000-01-27 13:23:42
Subject: Restoring user profiles
From: Pete Tanenhaus <tanenhau AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 13:23:42 -0500
The active user profile is backed as part of the registry on NT
(HKEY_CURRENT_USER hive) and must
be restored as part of the registry.

This also true of the profiles of any other logged user (multiple
non-interactive accounts may be logged on at
the same time via services).

All logged on user profiles are loaded into the HKEY_USERS hive, and as
stated above, the currently logged
on user (the one which is running the tsm client process) is loaded into
HKEY_CURRENT_USER.

Hope this helps ......

Pete Tanenhaus
ADSM Client Development