ADSM-L

writing to newly defined disk

2000-01-26 12:45:44
Subject: writing to newly defined disk
From: Dave Canedo <davec AT PSWTECH DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 11:45:44 -0600
ADSMers,

I just added an external SCSI hard drive and defined it in TSM as:

define stgpool nt_users disk description="NT disk space"
define volume NT_USERS /disk/ntusers.dsm formatsize=2000

My question is how do I write to this volume? My testing of backups
still go to the backuppool storage area. Here is a query:

query stgpool
ANR2017I Administrator SERVER_CONSOLE issued command: QUERY STGPOOL

Storage         Device          Estimated       Pct       Pct
High     Low     Next
Pool Name       Class Name       Capacity      Util      Migr
Mig     Mig     Storage
                                     (MB)
Pct     Pct     Pool
-----------     ----------     ----------     -----     -----
----     ---     -----------
----     ---     -----------
ARCHIVEPOOL     DISK                  6.0       0.1       0.0
ARCHIVEPOOL     DISK                  6.0       0.1       0.0
90      70
BACKUPPOOL      DISK                211.0      99.6      99.6
90      70
NT_USERS        DISK              2,000.0       0.0       0.0
90      70
SPACEMGPOOL     DISK                  0.0       0.0       0.0
90      70

thanks,
--
David C. Canedo   | E-mail  davec AT psw DOT com
David C. Canedo   | E-mail  davec AT psw DOT com