ADSM-L

Re: Regular output of figures from ADSM

2000-01-26 11:20:48
Subject: Re: Regular output of figures from ADSM
From: Heinz Flemming <flemming AT RZ.UNI-KARLSRUHE DOT DE>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 0100 17:20:48 +0100
According to Brazner, Bob:
>                                                                    Subject:
>                                                   Regular output of figures
>                                                   from ADSM
>                                                              Attachment(s):
> Steven,
>
> On Unix, I use the following technique to prevent passwords from being seen
> in my scripts.
>
> 1) Create a file whose sole contents is a single record containing the
> password.  (Let's call the file "passfile").
> 2) Protect the password file from being seen by anybody but you or the user
> under which your script will run. (e.g., chmod 600 passfile).
> 3) Have the ADSM commands in your script dynamically pull the password
> value from the password file as neeed.  See next line for sample command.
> dsmadmc  -id=YourAdsmID  -pa=$(cat passfile)  'query process'

  Another technique to hide admin-id and admin-password

  1) create an ADSM parameter file "include_my_adsm_parmfile"
     which contains a lot of environment variables, for example

     ID_server1="ids1"
     PW_server1="pwids1"
     ID_server2="ids2"
     PW_server2="pwids2"

  2) In your script code the following lines

     . include_my_adsm_parmfile

     #  Id and Password for choosen server
     eval server_id=\"\$ID_$server\"
     eval server_pw=\"\$PW_$server\"

     # make your admin-command

     dsmadmc -s=$server -id=$server_id -password=$server_pw <cmd>

Heinz Flemming                             flemming AT rz.uni-karlsruhe DOT de
Heinz Flemming                             flemming AT rz.uni-karlsruhe DOT de
Rechenzentrum, Universitaet Karlsruhe
Zirkel 2, Postfach 6980
D-76128 Karlsruhe
Deutschland

Telefon: 0721 - 608 6427                              Fax: 0721 - 37550