ADSM-L

Re: ADSM transfer rate through FDDI adapter

2000-01-24 10:30:50
Subject: Re: ADSM transfer rate through FDDI adapter
From: Scottie Pennett <PENNETTL AT LABS.WYETH DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 10:30:50 -0500
I agree with what has been said so far.  Gigabit is the way to go.
That may be hard to do on mainframe, if you are not a generation 5 machine.
Also, you would want to be at OS/390 2.6 for the better IP stack.

Scottie

>>> Dann Fred <Dann.Fred AT PMLMAIL DOT COM> January 24, 2000 08:28:15 >>>
Hello,
  We have an ADSM (v3.2.40) server running on OS/390 (v1.3) with TCPIP v3.2.  We
are backing up two Novell Netware (v4.11) servers that are connected to our Main
Frame through an OSA/2 FDDI adapter.  They're basically on their own little FDDI
ring.  We are averaging between 1.5 and 2.0 gb per hour transfer rate.
  I was wondering if there was anybody out there with a similar configuration
that was doing any better then this or is this the best I can look forward to
with an ADSM OS/390 server?
  We are thinking about moving the ADSM server to AIX.  Any comments or opinions
are more then welcome.

Thanks,
Fred Dann
Penn Mutual Life