ADSM-L

Errors in my log after ADSM archiving

2000-01-24 06:20:58
Subject: Errors in my log after ADSM archiving
From: Drvaric Ivan <drvaric AT ZAV-MB DOT SI>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 0100 12:20:58 +0100
Hello guys,

I am pleased I found this e-mail forum on ADSM.
Because I am new in ADSM so as on this forum let me introduced first myself.

I am Oracle DBA for about 5 years and working on AIX server for about
4 years.

For about 2 years we used ADSM with optical devices an backup method
( online so as offline ) for database server.

We implemented not the best method for backup in ADSM but since this is
inherited we have  to finish problem on this and after that we plan to
use ADSM with all his great functionalities.
However, let me explain my problem that I have at the moment!

Can somebody explain me following error-like or warnings in my log file that
is produced after daily backup:

1. ATTENTION on Unsuccessfull without retry

 Archiving-->       17 8,262,016 /Trs0_Indx/Trs0_Indx1.dbf  ** Unsuccessful **
ANS4116I One or more files will be stored on offline media
ANS4118I Waiting for mount of offline media....
Retry # 1  Archiving-->       178,262,016 /Trs0_Indx/Trs0_Indx1.dbf ... **
Unsuccessful **

Total number of objects inspected:        2
Total number of objects archived:         0
Total number of objects updated:          0
Total number of objects rebound:          0
Total number of objects deleted:          0
Total number of objects failed:           0
Total number of bytes transferred:    511.9 KB
Data transfer time:                    0.49 sec
Data transfer rate:                1,033.05 KB/sec
Elapsed processing time:           00:00:02

2. ATTENTION ! Error ANS4228E , although the backup is made
   with no users on ADSM client

Archiving-->                33 /Oracle/ora8/lib/libclntsh.so  ** Unsuccessful **
ANS4228E Sending of object '/Oracle/ora8/lib/libclntsh.so' failed

3. I do not completely understand the message
   Compressed Data Grew

Archiving-->  50,081 /Oracle/ora7/ocommon/nls/admin/data/lx40024.nlb
Compressed Data Grew

I use archiving as the backup method and no compression on the client
and optical library and optical disks as the media.

Thank you in advance for any hint or help.

Ivan Drvaric
Insurance Company Maribor
Slovenia
drvaric AT zav-mb DOT si