ADSM-L

sco unixware v7 client performance

2000-01-21 08:12:23
Subject: sco unixware v7 client performance
From: "Frost, Dave" <dave.frost AT GUARDIANIT DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 13:12:23 -0000
Hello *SMers,

One of our clients has just acquired a new pentium server with 256MB memory,
running sco unixware v7.1, and even informed us in advance.

We downloaded the latest sco unixware client (IP21633), and installed it,
expecting to have no problems.  Unfortunately, we found that the throughput
we achieved was of the order of fractions of a kbyte per second, and the
session frequently died with a 60 second timeout.

We tested the network by ftping a 100mbyte file to another system, getting a
throughput of 85KB/sec, and also by nfs copying the same file, where
throughput was fractionally less.

We also tried setting compression OFF, but this made no difference.

In the end, we have nfs mounted ALL the filesystems on the sco box onto a
poor little sparc classic, and are backing it up this way, but this is not
satisfactory!

Our server is v3.1.2.1.

Has anybody got any ideas??

tia

dave

The information contained in this email is confidential
The information contained in this email is confidential
and intended only for the use of the individual or
entity named above. If the reader of this message is
not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of
this communication is strictly prohibited. Guardian will
accept no responsibility or liability in respect to this
email other than to the addressee.

notify us immediately by telephone at 44 (0) 1932835900
or by email.