ADSM-L

Re: 3995 C64

2000-01-21 06:29:05
Subject: Re: 3995 C64
From: Andries Holtzhausen <andriesh AT IFUSION.CO DOT ZA>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 13:29:05 +0200
Hi Scott,

Thank you for the information. We have a C64 and after adding the ADSM
drives they appear as op0, op1,...,op3. When I create a device class and use
/dev/rop0, ADSM accepts it, but never tries to read a disk. If I change it
to /dev/op0 (etc.) then ADSM tries to check in a CD, but fails, saying it
cannot read the label. When trying to label a CD it says the write failed.
We have 6.2 GB re-writable CD's.

Should these CD's be labelled? Any idea why the write operation fails - the
write protect tab is in the correct position.

Thank you for the help!

Regards,

Andries

We too have a 3995 optical drive and are running AIX 4.2.1.  This is a
screen
dump of my ADSM drive configuration, followed by some setup instructions I
created for configuring the drives to ADSM.  The drivers for this device
come
from ADSM but I am not sure if they are part of the base ADSM or only found
in
the extended device support module...

I hope this helps!

Scott

Session established with server ARCHIVE: AIX-RS/6000
  Server Version 3, Release 1, Level 0.0
  Server date/time: 01/18/00   10:58:22  Last access: 01/15/00   17:02:30

adsm> q dr

 Library          Drive Name        Device           Device            ON
LINE
Name                        Type
------------   ------------         -----------          ----------------
-------------------
-------------------
ARCHLIB0      OPTDRV1       OPTICAL      /dev/rop0          Yes
ARCHLIB0      OPTDRV1       OPTICAL      /dev/rop0          Yes
ARCHLIB0      OPTDRV2       OPTICAL      /dev/rop1          Yes
ARCHLIB0      OPTDRV3       OPTICAL      /dev/rop2          Yes
ARCHLIB0      OPTDRV4       OPTICAL      /dev/rop3          Yes
ARCHLIB0      OPTDRV5       OPTICAL      /dev/rop4          Yes
ARCHLIB0      OPTDRV6       OPTICAL      /dev/rop5          Yes

adsm>

(See attached file: set up 3995 optical jukebox.doc)

Andries Holtzhausen <andriesh AT IFUSION.CO DOT ZA> on 01/18/2000 07:35:41 AM