ADSM-L

Re: need suggestions for improving AUDIT DB FIX=YES

2000-01-21 05:10:19
Subject: Re: need suggestions for improving AUDIT DB FIX=YES
From: Reinhard Mersch <mersch AT UNI-MUENSTER DOT DE>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 11:10:19 +0100
Joel,

I think that your suggestion would help, but I would go a little bit
further. To some degree, we already have what you suggest: in my case,
I could restrict the AUDITDB to the storage part of the database
(dsmserv auditdb storage fix=yes). But this is the biggest part of the
database, so this does not help much. The partitioning must be much
more fine grained as you suggest, and, very important, there must be
some means to identify that part of the database needing an audit, so
that i do not have to run it on the whole DB.

How could these means look like? First: If we have to run an AUDITDB, there
must be some problem, and a closer investigation of that problem should
indicate, which part of the DB to look at. Second: An online AUDIT DB FIX=NO
could be run to identify that part.

Regards,

Reinhard