ADSM-L

Re: ANR8824E - lost requests on 3494

2000-01-20 13:16:39
Subject: Re: ANR8824E - lost requests on 3494
From: bbullock <bbullock AT MICRON DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 11:16:39 -0700
        We have a setup almost identical to yours. We have seen the same
errors on all 4 of our libraries since we upgraded the LM code to 521.11.
Sometimes we go for weeks without an error and then a few in the space of a
few days. I have noticed no real pattern.

        Our CE opened a call to support to look at the library error logs.
They found that the library got the request, made the mount & replied to the
request. They say that the library completed the action just fine and that
either the ADSM server software or our TCP connection to the library
"fumbled the handoff". I'm not sure I buy that explanation since the
appearance of these errors corresponds with the upgrading of the LM code.

        I have not looked into it any further because of other pressing
issues and the fact that this error, after it times out, will recover by
itself and mount the tape just fine the next time.

        If you pursue this further and find a resolution, please let us
know.

Ben