ADSM-L

Re: Expiration Performance Statistics

2000-01-20 12:21:14
Subject: Re: Expiration Performance Statistics
From: "Mauro M. TINELLI" <Mauro.TINELLI AT ST DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 18:21:14 +0100
Sheelagh,

> We do a single run on a (quietish) Saturday but it isn't much worse on
> weekdays, with a bit of other activity.  DB is just over 60GB; cache
> hit rate > 99%.

wonder-woman ... how did you manage to have a cache hit-rate >99%. I have
a similar configuration although the box is a H50 with 4-332 MHz and 2GB
Ram, the DB is 51GB (75% occupied) and the buffer-pool cache is set to
49152 pages. If I dare to raise the buffer-pool pages the system seems to
spend seconds (even minutes) paging and commands may take ages to
execute. Hit rate is <98%!

Daily Expiration (today): examined 342907 objects, deleting 292713 in
2:10 hours, about 44 obs/sec, 5 times slower (SAP/R3 backint running)!

Ciao, Mauro