ADSM-L

ANR8824E - lost requests on 3494

2000-01-20 12:19:20
Subject: ANR8824E - lost requests on 3494
From: Jon Dunn <jwd AT INDIANA DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 12:19:20 -0500
We recently began seeing the following errors intermittently on our ADSM
server:

 ANR8824E I/O Error on library 3494A; request 0305AB10 for operation
  004C6D31 to the 3494 Library Manager been lost.
 ANR1401W Mount request denied for volume 349391 - mount failed.
 ANR0542W Retrieve or restore failed for
 session 2626 for node GAVOTTE (AIX) - storage media inaccessible.

Our hardware configuration is an RS/6000 7013-J30 with 3494-L12 library
and two 3590-B1A drives.  The library is attached to the RS/6000 via a
serial cable, and we're running AIX 4.3.2, ADSM 3.1.2.42, atldd 4.0.5.0,
and Atape 4.6.2.0.  3590 microcode level is A429 and 3494 library manager
code level is 521.11.

ADSM support initially suggested updating Atape/atldd to the above levels,
but that didn't do the trick.  They now say that it's probably a hardware
error, but our CE isn't exactly sure what the problem is.

Has anyone else out there encountered these errors and been able to solve
them?  I found some discussion about this error in the list archives from
last September, but didn't see any report of a resolution.  The problem
might have started when our 3494 microcode was updated to 521.11.

Thanks,

Jon

---
Jon Dunn          Digital Library Program / Library Information Technology
Jon Dunn          Digital Library Program / Library Information Technology
jwd AT indiana DOT edu   Indiana University Bloomington