ADSM-L

Re: "FULL" volume has no data - but unable to delete the vol

2000-01-20 06:00:01
Subject: Re: "FULL" volume has no data - but unable to delete the vol
From: Reinhard Mersch <mersch AT UNI-MUENSTER DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 12:00:01 +0100
Hello Rene,

are you saying, that you ran an online AUDIT DB FIX=YES (i.e. on a
running ADSM server)? IBM strongly recommended to me, not to use the
FIX=YES option on an online AUDIT DB, and to run it offline instead.
Since I cannot afford such a long downtime of the ADSM Server (our DB
is 28 GB), I am living with our "structural database problems" (according
to IBM) since 6 month now. It would be nice to hear, that an online
AUDIT DB FIX=YES can savely be done.

It seems to me that others are in a similar situation (see contribution
from Brian Nick yesterday on this list), and that Tivoli should have a
closer look at this. Running an offline AUDIT DB is not an answer.

Regards,

Reinhard

--
Reinhard Mersch                        Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet
Reinhard Mersch                        Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet