ADSM-L

TSM 3.7

2000-01-17 12:49:26
Subject: TSM 3.7
From: Gerald Wichmann <gwichmann AT SANSIA DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 09:49:26 -0800
Just a quick note on my TSM 3.7 install.. AIX 4.3.3 and an IBM E20. I
installed it on a clean system and had smit expand the filesystem as
necessary but afterwards dsmserv wouldn?t start on account of dsmserv.dsk
missing. The install however came back as ?OK?..

Turns out there must be a bug in the way TSM installs because the
suggestions I got on this list were right on. After increasing the /usr
filesystem 50MB and reinstalling TSM 3.7, the install worked perfectly and
the dsmserv.dsk file is now there. It appears that there must be a problem
with simply letting smit expand the filesystem as needed during a TSM 3.7
install?

Thanks everyone for the help.

-Gerald