ADSM-L

Re: I want to ignore yet still backup up nt permissions

2000-01-17 12:47:45
Subject: Re: I want to ignore yet still backup up nt permissions
From: Andrew Taylor <AndrewTaylor2 AT HALIFAX.CO DOT UK>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 17:47:45 -0000
Richard,

I can confirm the non-functionality of the skipntcrc option in ADSM
v.3.1.0.7 (and before), as this was a side issue in a PMR we had open with
IBM a while back - as I understand, instead of ignoring the CRC value, ADSM
actually sets it to zero. We had a fixtest (which we used for testing
purposes only I hasten to add) - I haven't checked the website to see if
that fix has found its way into any official fixtest release prior to v.3.7
going out, but I would tend to agree with the other Richard anyway in
suggesting using retention parameters to get around your problem.

Cheers,

Andrew Taylor,
Halifax plc,
Yorkshire,
UK

andrewtaylor2 AT halifax.co DOT uk

This message is attributable to the sender and does not necessarily reflect
the view of Halifax Group plc or its subsidiaries

 01/17/00 17:47:57
Part of the Halifax Group, Halifax Group plc, Registered in England No.
2367076.  Registered Office: Trinity Road, Halifax, West Yorkshire HX1 2RG.
Represents only the Halifax Financial Services Marketing Group for the purposes
of advising on and selling life assurance, pensions and unit trust business.
The Marketing Group is regulated by the Personal Investment Authority.
Switchboard 01422 333333.