ADSM-L

Re: TSM 3.7

2000-01-16 14:17:53
Subject: Re: TSM 3.7
From: Tony Rynan <tonyr AT AU1.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 06:17:53 +1100
I have seen ADSM and TSM both fail to size /usr correctly during the
installation and the installation subsequently fails to build a running
ADSM/TSM. The main culprits are the *.dsm files for log, db and the disk
pools.  I usually build the TSM server from scratch myself after the
failure but resizing /usr for more free space and an overwrite re-install
do work as well.

Having been caught by this problem 4 or 5 times now, I now cheat by sizing
/usr with 100MB of free space before the install.

regards Tonyr

Gerald Wichmann <gwichmann AT SANSIA DOT COM> on 16/01/2000 05:08:12