ADSM-L

[no subject]

2000-01-15 09:59:18
From: "F. Kyle Payne" <payne AT BERBEE DOT COM>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 08:59:18 -0600
ADSMers,
        We are beginning the evaluation process of ADSM V3.7.1 Server and
Client.
I have seen an e-mail or 2 on the list server regarding V3.7.1 as buggy.
There's a lot of ADSM admins planning the upgrade in the next few months,
could those of you who have, please share any confirmed bugs or issues?

        We have had the client running on 6 NT servers in  test for over 2
months.
We have also had the Server running on an NT Server in test for a month.  We
have found no bugs.

        We have been told that HPUX V10 is not supported for the V3.7.1 client.
Not all of our HP boxes are at 11 yet.  Can anyone confirm or deny this?

On a separate note:
        We are going to be performing a series of tests to see how much data we
can
push through NT.  We have been told of the limits with NT4.0.  We also plan
to test Windows 2000 to see if it has the same limits.  We believe the OS
will be the bottle neck on NT4.0 and that the PCI bus will be the limit on
Windows 2000.  If anyone has any suggestions for this test please through
them my way.

Environment for Test:
1) Compaq 6400
        A. 2 100/Mbs Full Duplex Dual Cards with all 4 ports bound together
        B. 3 SCSI cards
        C. 90 GB for the Disk Pool
        D. First PCI bus
                1. RIB card