ADSM-L

Re: Backing up databases

2000-01-14 12:16:59
Subject: Re: Backing up databases
From: Nick Cassimatis <nickpc AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 12:16:59 -0500
Yes, use a seperate node name.  Otherwise, trying to manage the server gets
VERY confusing.  I have one server with 8 SAP instances backing up to it.
The AIX machines use their host names (like normal).  For the SAP
instances, we use the SID (which you probably know all about by now, if
you've configured BackInt).

Then when there's a backup problem, when I get paged by our Operations
group that "The backup of MSP failed" I know just what they mean.  (And at
2:00am, every little bit helps!)

Nick Cassimatis
nickpc AT us.ibm DOT com

If you don't have the time to do it right the first time, where will you
find the time to do it again?