ADSM-L

OS/390 Question

2000-01-14 09:25:40
Subject: OS/390 Question
From: Brian Nick <BRIAN_NICK AT PHL DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 09:25:40 -0500
Good morning everyone. I have been asked a question about ADSM and OS/390 and I
thought that I would run this by all of you to get different
opinions/experiences. O.K. here it is....

  We have the ability to back up and restore some OPEN systems DASD using a
different mainframe product (the DASD is shared by the mainframe and an
RS/6000). I know that ADSM in my production environment using the ADSM backup
client will prompt you and ask if you really want to replace the file during a
restore process. Now in a DR scenario if the files have been restored to a
device outside of ADSM's control will it still see the files when an ADSM
restore is requested? I think that it would but I was wondering if anyone has
had any experience with this type of restore?? Any comments suggestions are
appreciated.

   If my question is unclear please feel free to contact me via e-mail or give
me a call at (860)403-2281.

   Thanks,
      Brian