ADSM-L

Re: storage pool

2015-10-04 17:35:05
Subject: Re: storage pool
From: Cook, Dwight E [mailto:cookde AT BP DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Add another one or delete the existing one & redefine it and add it back.

I might add that adsm has always (seemed to) run better with a single
logical device per physical device.

ADSM spreads out the work across all defined volumes... if you define 3
logical devices per physical device and then have 9 physical devices (for 27
logical devices total) via random chance you will notice that work clusters
up on a single physical device so you end up with I/O waits on a device when
8 other physical devices might be idle.

Dwight