ADSM-L

Reclamation watching

2000-01-11 10:44:14
Subject: Reclamation watching
From: "Jordan, Chris (ELS)" <c.jordan AT ELSEVIER.CO DOT UK>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 15:44:14 -0000
If I am running a reclamation on an on-line tape storage pool, then I can
watch the tape that is being read / reclaimed (Q VOL <name>) and see how
much of the tape is left to be reclaimed.

If I am running a reclamation on an off-line tape storage pool, then ADSM
reads the data from the on-line pool (i.e. from a tape that is NOT being
reclaimed) and writes a new tape - so I don't know how well it is doing.

Is there a way of watching ADSM to decide how far through the reclamation
process is??
How do I know which tape is being reclaimed??

Cheers, Chris