ADSM-L

Reclamation's vs backups

2000-01-11 06:22:56
Subject: Reclamation's vs backups
From: "Jordan, Chris (ELS)" <c.jordan AT ELSEVIER.CO DOT UK>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 11:22:56 -0000
Currently our reclamation's are timed to re-set to normal levels (100) 15
minutes before our backups start each evening. This way we finish the daily
housekeeping tasks before starting on the backups.

However, we have been thinking that maybe we could run the reclamation's a
lot later into the evening, and overlap them with the backups. Are there any
pros / cons / OKs / watch out for / etc that we should be aware of??

The backups are all to disk. The reclamation's are tape to tape. The only
problems (??) are with the interaction on the database.

Cheers, Chris