ADSM-L

Re: QUESTION ON TSM V3.7

2000-01-10 18:08:00
Subject: Re: QUESTION ON TSM V3.7
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 18:08:00 -0500
You can run multiple sessions on any ADSM client you want!
I've done it many times from both the GUI interface and the command line.
Some people have installed multiple instances of the scheduler to drive
multiple backup sessions.

Whats new with the TSM 3.7 client, is that TSM is supposed to crank up
multiple sessions automatically based on the value of the
RESOURCEUTILIZATION client option (and the client resources available.).

I know for the Win32 client, this is documented in the README.1ST file, and
in the online books.

Hope that helps.
Wanda Prather
The Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab
443-778-8769
wanda_prather AT jhuapl DOT edu

"Intelligence has much less practical application than you'd think" -
Scott Adams/Dilbert