ADSM-L

CPU UTIL on NT is 70-100% used by DSMSERV.EXE

2000-01-10 09:08:01
Subject: CPU UTIL on NT is 70-100% used by DSMSERV.EXE
From: Michael Gimm <michael.gimm AT FOURLEAF DOT DK>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 15:08:01 +0100
Hi there

I've discovered 1-2 bugs in TSM - one magor which I'm not 100% sure is a
TSM bug:

CPU UTIL on NT is 70-100% used by DSMSERV.EXE even though the TSM server
isn't doing anything (no Procceses or Sessions).
This is seen on 2 TSM installations on diffrent PCs, SCSI controllers
(hence diffrent drivers) but the same version of TSM (3.7.1.0).
It seems to be a bug in the TSM Server. Please write me at mlg AT fourleaf DOT
dk
for more info on the NT systems, TSM trace logs og NT diagnostics or
whatever you might need.
See case in HTML file - I'll get it upgraded to 1st priority today.

... and a minor one I'm sure is a bug:

When doing a QUERY CONTENT DAMEGED=YES you get teh same output as when you
do a QUERY CONTENT DAMEGED=NO
check it out.

Please get back to me about the 1st problem if you got any idears. Could
you use my direct mail please:  mlg AT fourleaf DOT dk

Thanks!

Best regards
Four Leaf Technologies A/S, Viby J.
Michael L Gimm
Technical Counsultant

E-Mail      :  michael.gimm AT fourleaf DOT dk
Direct      :  +45 87 38 60 54
Phone       :  +45 70 25 45 00
Fax:        :  +45 70 25 45 01
Cell:       :  +45 28 19 60 54